Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seminar Question 12

What the Bible Version do you use for personal study? For teaching? For preaching? Why?

Since, I was a childhood in my mother church; I used to hear the word of God from the New International Version. At former I didn’t know on familiar terms with about what version was that. But I keep in mind when the church pastor or anybody use to read is the New International Version which was very comprehensible and easy to understand. And the guiding principle of the church also decided to use New International Version since 1990. Then I grew up among the Christian environment which experience rooted to my heart till today I am holding New International Version.

According to my understanding on the New International Version is as follows:

1. NIV is a absolutely new version of the God’s word made by over hundred scholars, outstanding, working directly from the best available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts.
2. Most of the scholars were including composing the most part of biblical. The translation of each book was assigned to a team of scholars.
3. Many years and hours of research and discussion regarding the meaning of the texts and the precise way of putting them into English.
4. In working toward these goals, the translators were united in their commitment to the authority and infallibility of the Bible as God’s Word in written form. They believe that it contains the divine answer to deepest needs of humanity, that it sheds unique light on our path in a dark world, and that it sets forth the way to our eternal well-being.

Thus, that New International Version is my preferred version of the entire Bible. It is straightforward to understand for interpretation. It’s uncomplicated to teach and sermonize as well. The sentence and the word are using undemanding. So The New International Version is the paramount for one and all.

No comments: